Saturday 3 March 2018
Closing from 13:00 local UK time. Lots will close at 10 second intervals.
At the office of Roma Numismatics
20 Fitzroy Square
London, W1T 6EJ
Monday – Friday, 09:30 – 17:30
A reduced buyer's fee of 18.5% will be applicable to this sale (22.2% including VAT for UK/EU buyers). The buyer's fee on invoices paid by bank transfer, UK cheque or cash will be discounted to 15%.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
The following terms and conditions will apply to this auction:
- All estimates are in POUNDS STERLING. The opening bids will be 80% of the estimate unless there are existing higher bids. There will be a 18.5% Buyer’s Fee added to the hammer price. Invoices paid by bank transfer, UK cheque or cash will be discounted to 15%.
- VAT at 20% (applicable to customers within the UK and EU) is due on the Buyer’s Fee only, not the hammer price.
- The auctioneer guarantees the absolute authenticity of any and all coins sold. There is no expiration to this guarantee. Any coins subsequently found to be not authentic will be exchanged for a full refund of the purchase price. Absentee bids submitted by any other means than the Roma Numismatics website should be received by 20:00 on the day before the auction. It is the bidder’s responsibility to ensure that bids have been received by Roma Numismatics.
- All grades and descriptions are the opinion of the cataloguer. Conditions of all lots are as per the photographs displayed on the Roma Numismatics website; condition reports are available upon request. It is not possible to note all marks or defects, and thus customers are encouraged to carefully examine in person all lots that they are interested in bidding on. Bids, once placed, are final and will not be rescinded. If, however, the attribution is found to be incorrect, the item is returnable within 21 days after the sale. No other returns will be accepted except on the grounds of non-authenticity. All prospective bidders who exercise the opportunity to examine lots in hand shall assume all responsibility for any damage they cause in so doing. The auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the value of the damage caused, which shall be promptly paid by the prospective bidder.
- The auctioneer will have absolute discretion to accept or decline any bid, withdraw lots from sale at any time until such point as the purchaser takes physical possession, re-open any lot, even after the hammer has fallen, in which a bidding error has occurred, and to determine in the event of a dispute, the final winner of a lot or to rescind the sale and put the lot up for sale again.
- For the protection of mail or absentee bidders, no ‘unlimited’ or ‘buy’ bids will be accepted. When identical bids are received for the same lot, preference will be given to the bid received first. A mail bid will take preference over a floor bid.
- Some lots may carry a reserve. The auctioneer reserves the right not to sell an item below the confidential price, or will repurchase the item on behalf of the consignor or for the account of Roma Numismatics Ltd. If a reserve exists the auctioneer reserves the right to bid on any lot on behalf of the consignor up to the amount of the reserve against any floor or mail bidders. The auctioneer also reserves the right to bid on any lot on behalf of Roma Numismatics Ltd.
- Title remains with the owner until such time as the customer has paid in full.
- Invoices are due immediately upon receipt. Roma Numismatics Ltd. reserves the right to charge interest on unpaid invoices at the rate of 2% per calendar month, except where prior agreement has been made with regards to payment arrangements.
- A £10 surcharge will be applied to payments made by bank transfer from outside of the UK. The customer is responsible for paying all bank charges and shipping and insurance costs.
- A 2% surcharge will be applied to bids submitted via post or email, rather than placed directly on the Roma Numismatics website. Roma Numismatics is not responsible for any missed lots or bids due to network speed or down-time.
- By making a bid the customer agrees to the above terms and conditions and accepts to be bound by them. These conditions shall take effect and be construed in accordance with the provisions of English Law.
US AND GERMAN COIN IMPORT RESTRICTIONS
Any coins in this sale that fall under US and German import restrictions but may still be legally imported into the US/Germany are accompanied by documentation proving that they were outside of the source country prior to the effective date, or are accompanied by a valid export certificate issued by the country of origin, and/or are contractually attested by the consignor as being legally eligible for import into the US/Germany.
Any coins subject to US/German import restrictions that may not lawfully be imported will be clearly indicated as such with the note: ‘not suitable for US/German market’.
Roma Numismatics will make every effort to ensure that import restrictions affect our clients as little as possible, and will carry out all necessary importations and procedures as required on behalf of the client.
Invoices to be settled in POUNDS STERLING immediately upon receipt unless previously agreed otherwise.
Barclays Bank, 22 The Borough, Farnham, GU9 7NH, UK | Account Name: Roma Numismatics
IBAN: GB81 BARC 2031 0663 0101 39 | BIC: BARC GB22 | SORT CODE: 20-31-06 | ACC #: 63010139
Cheque (GBP only): Please make payable to Roma Numismatics Limited
Credit/Debit Card: contact us directly on +44 (0)20 7121 6518